We UNMC students love our campus news & gossip, but do we know about any current affairs outside of our campus bubble? Every week day, IGNITE brings you a “Malaysian News Bulletin” with the top 5 stories we think you need to read.
Get informed with IGNITE!
Friday 22nd February 2013
1. “PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia is the best place for Muslims around the world to come for a holiday, Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen said.”
2. “PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia is not affected by the horse meat scandal raging in Europe, said Veterinary Services Department director-general Datuk Dr Abdul Aziz Jamaluddin.”
3. “PUTRAJAYA: A new law that is ready for tabling in Parliament is about to get nasty with animal abusers. The Animal Welfare Bill proposes that first time offenders be fined between RM20,000 and RM100,000 or sit behind bars for up to three years.”
4. “MALACCA: The case involving the deaths of a sun bear and a stallion at the Malacca Zoo and Night Safari took a new twist when it was alleged that some 230 zoo animals were “unaccounted” for.”
5. “NEW YORK: Despite the fierce icy winds that usually blow across the east coast during this time of the year, the two-day Malaysian Winter Market (MWM), which kicked off Wednesday at New York’s Bryant Park, attracted large crowds of New Yorkers.”
Any stories we’ve missed that should be included?