We UNMC students love our campus news & gossip, but do we know about any current affairs outside of our campus bubble? Every week, IGNITE brings you a “News Bulletin” with a recap of the top 5 stories from the last week, that we think you need to read.
Get informed with IGNITE!
9th February 2015
1. CAIRO: What is Islam and is it what ISIS is practicing? “Everything ISIS does is far away from Islam. What it is doing is a crime by all means,” says the grand mufti of Egypt.
2. DELHI: India is also facing a problem of too many males. And the rise of technology is making matters worse.
3. KUALA LUMPUR: Joko Widodo, everyone’s favourite president makes Malaysia his first visit after taking his presidential oath in October.
4. DAMASCUS: A summary of the conflict that has been plaguing Syria, home to one of the oldest cities in the world.
5. SEREMBAN: Divorcing your spouse is a requirement before converting to Islam. Does this show a disregard for families and a prioritisation of Islam over the Family?
Any stories we’ve missed that should be included?