A delicious summer dessert will make you escape Malaysia’s heat and enjoy its great taste. Cheesecakes can be made for all occasions. As a student with no oven to use, our best option is the no-bake cheesecake recipe.
Cheesecake is all about layers: crunchy, creamy and thick. Here is the recipe, hope you enjoy making it as much as we did.
250g digestive biscuit
100g butter, melted
200g Philadelphia cream cheese
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
170g thick cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. lemon juice (we used a syrup but you can use a fresh lemon)
1 tbsp. plain gelatine melted in 1\4 cup of warm water
1 and 1\4 water
1 pack of Jelly (any flavour you like)
Or instead of using jelly you can buy pie filling and top the cheesecake with it
* Note: you can find everything in Tesco and the thick cream from the Uni Village mart.
- Crush the biscuits and add the melted butter to it.
- Place them in a cheesecake tin or small cups (depend how you want to serve them). Then put them in the fridge for 30minutes to set as you prepare the other layers.
- Place cream cheese + sweetened condensed milk + thick cream + vanilla extract + lemon juice in a bowl and stir till smooth
- Pour gelatine and water and mix until well combined then pour it in the mixture
- Spoon the cream mixture onto the tin or cups then chill in the fridge until the layer is firm
- Prepare the jelly one hour before. When it cools pour it on the cream the place back in the fridge.
- You can top it with strawberries or whipping cream if you want it to look more attractive!
Voila! That’s all. You can add some sweetness to a family gathering or any occasion. It is easy, fast and yummy.
By Taiba Hasan Mohamedi
Header image source: thewhoot.com.au