An easy recipe for beginners that only requires three ingredients and can be easily prepared for any event. These Oreo truffles are packed with chocolatey creamy goodness that can satisfy any sweet cravings! Share it with your friends and family, or even keep them all for yourself, like me!
You will need:
- 20-25 pieces of Oreo Cookies
- 100g Cream Cheese
- 150g Chocolate
- Baking Paper
- Assorted Nuts (Optional)
- Line your container with baking paper.
- Crush your Oreo cookies. This can be done by placing them into a zip-lock bag and bashing it gently with a rolling pin, or by using a food processor.
- Place ½ tablespoon of the crushed Oreos aside to be used for a garnish.
- Mix the Cream Cheese with the crushed Oreos together well.
- Separate the mixture into 8 equal parts and roll into ball-shape sizes with the palm of your hand.
- Place into the fridge to harden.
- Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie or in the microwave.
- Remove the truffles from the fridge. Dip into the chocolate. Make sure to cover the entire surface area. Arrange onto the baking paper.
- Garnish immediately with the leftover crushed Oreos.
- Refrigerate again to harden.
This recipe makes for a serving of up to 8 delicious Oreo truffles. You can adjust the amount of ingredients by doubling or halving them to make any amount of truffles you want. You can also have some fun with the toppings to create different flavours to suit your tastes, such as using different flavoured Oreos (Strawberry, Chocolate, Green Tea, Berries and so much more!); Or swapping the dark chocolate coating for white instead. If you prefer a crunchier texture, leave larger chunks of Oreo cookies uncrushed, or garnish with assorted nuts of your preference!
By Shahirah Binti Yusri