This protein energy bite study snack is easy to make and requires little skill and minimum effort. With the exams creeping up, it’s important that your health is at its prime to perform best on your exams. Best of all, the ingredients are packed with nutritious health benefits!
The ingredients in the protein-energy packed bites, such as peanut butter and bananas are high in protein (for maintenance and repair of body tissues), potassium (lowers risk of high blood pressure, heart disease) and fibre (aids digestive system). Oats contain beta-glucans (helps reduce cholesterol levels) and antioxidants (fight free radicals); Dark chocolate chips improves blood flow and can lower blood pressure.
You will need:
- 1 cup of Oats
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter
- Handful of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons Sweetener (Honey, Golden Syrup, Agave Nectar, etc.)
- 1 Banana
- In a bowl, mesh all the ingredients and mix well.
- Then, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge, and roll into golf ball sized balls.
- The protein energy bites are ready to be eaten! Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for maximum shelf life of 2 weeks. Or, throw a couple in a Tupperware and they’re the perfect study snack! Want something a little healthier? Replace the chocolate chips with raisins or any other dried fruit. Want more of a crunch? Add a few almonds. Experiment with the recipe and you could find new combinations every time you make this.
By Shahirah Yusri